What You Can Do While On the Water
- If boating, always keep all trash secured so that none will blow out of the boat.
- Never throw any kind of trash overboard.
- Be respectful of marine life and do not feed, pet, or in any way harass any wild animals.
- When playing on the beach, don’t leave anything behind when you leave, especially if it is turtle nesting season, as items left on the beach can be hazards for mother turtles coming ashore to nest and hatchlings scurrying towards the sea.
What You Can Do at Home
- Recycle as much as possible
- Learn all that you can about marine animals and how we can help protect them
- Share the information you learn with friends and family.